Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Will TPD Insurance Claim Cancel Out My Other Claim?

Discussion in 'Superannuation Law Forum' started by brett ellwood, 14 September 2016.

1. brett ellwood

brett ellwood Active Member

Hi all,

I am on a disability support pension because of a work injury & I have claimed the TPD insurance on my superannuation; it was accepted.

I am now claiming TPD on another superannuation I have found & was paying into at the time of my injury. Wile I am waiting for the outcome on this claim, & because I am on a pension, can I claim on an early release of the small amount super in this account.

If I was to claim, would that cancel out my TPD claim at this time? The fees for the account are only admin fees, no TPD cover or death. This was again a lost superannuation, a long time ago

Timnuts likes this.
  2. Sophea

Sophea Guest

It's difficult to say without more information, but I don't see why withdrawing your super would cancel the TPD claim. I would read your policy carefully and check what it says first. You could also call the super fund provider and ask them the question anonymously.

Timnuts likes this.