QLD Speeding Ticket information wrong

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jp1234

20 April 2019
Hello, I just got a speeding ticket for doing 83 in a 60. Didn't realize it wentwdown from 80 but I accept the fact I was speeding.

I was looking over the ticket and saw a couple errors on it.
1st she did not write my license number or class just expiry date and country.... I am from Canada

2nd is my license plate is from South Australia and she wrote Victoria didn't write the vin or registration expiry

3rd she wrote the wrong town of where the offense happened

Can I dispute it, is it worth it and if I dispute it where will the hearing be held?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hello, I just got a speeding ticket for doing 83 in a 60. Didn't realize it wentwdown from 80 but I accept the fact I was speeding.

I was looking over the ticket and saw a couple errors on it.
1st she did not write my license number or class just expiry date and country.... I am from Canada

2nd is my license plate is from South Australia and she wrote Victoria didn't write the vin or registration expiry

3rd she wrote the wrong town of where the offense happened

Can I dispute it, is it worth it and if I dispute it where will the hearing be held?

You were speeding and you are fined for that, now the clerical errors will not make the infringement void. You can raise that and they will issue you with an infringement with correct info. I know it is one of those you hate to have in life, but you did do the infringement. My recommendation is not to fight it as you will not look good in front of the magistrate/judge. Think about it yourself. I maybe wrong, if so, someone will correct me. If you go to court and dispute it and most properly it will stand, you will pay the infringement and court's fees (in addition to the cost of taking time off to attend to it).

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Pay the infringement and go get on with your life.