WA Specsavers

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jo75

29 February 2024
I purchased a pair of safety glasses for my son from specsavers in June last year. He only wears them one day a week and they have always been looked after in the case provided from specsavers. The frames have cracked at the top of the glasses. My son said his lens just dropped out and he noticed the crack. He said he never knocked them or dropped them at all. (This has happened previously to a standard pair of glasses and they were replaced under warranty no questions asked, they even said the glasses should not break there)
I went to the local specsavers and they said no they cannot do anything about them as it’s not a manufacturer fault. They did say they can order me a new pair which I declined considering how shoddy these are and my son has hardly worn them.
I’ve looked into it a bit and it states they should be fit for their purpose for a minimum 12 months. These are safety glasses so they should be able to withstand a knock etc even though they haven’t been dropped. Does anyone have advice, I am over specsavers and their shoddy frames.