VIC Should i fix my broken job

Discussion in 'Commercial Law Forum' started by Mitchell White, 20 August 2019.

1. Mitchell White

So I did a job for a client (flooring)

Everything that could of went wrong basically went wrong, bad from there end and mine

At the end of the job they weren't 100% happy, it was minor fix-ups in my opinion just an edge they wanted to be fixed, but they also said they are not paying me the final 50% ($5000) either way because they weren't satisfied and got in trouble with there client...

Either way, I said whatever I will fix the edge and I was just going to do it even if they wouldn't pay me the rest

they took some time to contact me and is now 3-4months later and they want me to fix the edge and another bit is screwing up

I am thinking about telling them to get screwed get someone else to fix it because they said there not going to pay me anyway, and I have had this happen in the past and hear about it all the time, bigger companies just screw the little guy

What are my rights here can I tell them to get screwed, or should I fix the job and demand my money?

the only contract I signed from them is an NDA

Thanks heps

2. Rod

Rod Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

They don't have the right to withhold 50% unless the job has to be redone.

If it was me I'd fix it if it is an easy fix and then chase the remaining $5k.

It is easy to get a demand letter written.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...