Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

TAS Should Ex Pay Half the House Value as Property Settlement?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Marina, 6 June 2016.

  1. Marina

    Marina Member

    19 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    My ex-husband and I have mutually agreed on a 50/50 split of assets in property settlement. We have divided everything already except the house which is for sale and he is living in it. We have consent orders filed with the court already.

    I am suffering financial hardship. If I file for divorce, does my ex-husband have to pay me my half of the house value listed in the consent orders since he is living in the house?

    I need money and feel I would like a house of my own.
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    What do the consent orders say about the house? Don't they deal with what is to be done with the proceeds?

Share This Page