QLD shoplift less than 25$

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thilak

29 June 2017
my mom who was 60years, has shoplift worth of 25$ of men watch and baby jewellery in a leading consumer shop.ihis is first time and Police gave a notice to attend court. she is in her visiting visa and how the court will charge her. Is it possible to apply plead guilty online. please guide.

thilak

29 June 2017
Hey lance,

She will attend the the court date. What is the benefits of applying plead guilty online? What court will charge her ofference?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hey lance,

She will attend the the court date. What is the benefits of applying plead guilty online? What court will charge her ofference?
Hi Thilak,
It means that your mother might not have to attend court. In situations like this when she obviously made a mistake and deeply regrets her decision it could save her the embarrassment of attending court. For some of elderly people in a similar situation the stress of attending court could have adverse health implications and they would prefer to admit guilt, pay their penalty (which you would expect to be a small fine for a first offence) and I believe there is a $115 offender levy that would need to be paid as well. This will give a bit more information. Plead guilty online | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

thilak

29 June 2017
Thank you for the advice abt plead guilty. If she attend the court how she will treated for her ofference? How long will it take?

Lance

31 October 2015
Thank you for the advice abt plead guilty. If she attend the court how she will treated for her ofference? How long will it take?
Hi Thilak,
I'm not a lawyer. If you want details of likely outcome you would be best to sit down with a lawyer. I wouldn't expect her to get a very harsh penalty for a first offence if she is remorseful.