QLD Caught shoplifting - plead guilty online?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

2bc

13 February 2018
Hi,

Firstly I know what I did was wrong. However I was wondering about the plead guilty online? How does it work etc? I shoplifted $70 worth of clothes. It’s my first (and last) offence. I’m pregnant and nearly due so was wondering if they’d end up asking me to attend court or? Also what’s the likelihood of the outcome I’ll receive?
Thanks.

Tikka

11 February 2018
Is pleading guilty online an option? I thought you had to do it in writing. I have known a couple of people done for shoplifting and it depends on your crim record as to what you'd get. My friend got caught stealing and she was placed on a cbo, but she had priors so it depends on the magistrate on the day.

2bc

13 February 2018
Is pleading guilty online an option? I thought you had to do it in writing. I have known a couple of people done for shoplifting and it depends on your crim record as to what you'd get. My friend got caught stealing and she was placed on a cbo, but she had priors so it depends on the magistrate on the day.
Yeah, I’m QLD you can plead guilty online.

Thank you for your reply :)

James Dylan

6 January 2018
Never heard of anyone pleading guilty online...

So I’ll answer your question from the perspective of pleading guilty in general...

For your first offence, and pregnant, you’re getting a fine. It may or may not be recorded on your criminal history though.

Also, you can elect to have the fine transferred to the States Penalty Enforcement Registry (SPER), and you pay them back at like $1 per week.