WA Settlement of Credit card debt

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bee83

14 December 2018
My husband and I have 5 credit cards between us, with of a total debt of $65k. We have defaulted on all credit cards. I may have access to a lump sum of money so I was wondering if I could offer a one off lump sum payment to finalise and clear the debt with each bank. If so, what is a fair and reasonable offer?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
That’s a question better asked of a financial counsellor. And I would suggest you need to figure out what portions of the debt are principal, interest and fees. You’re less likely/unlikely to get a discount on principal, the rest is up in the air.

kevin586

14 January 2019
My husband and I have 5 credit cards between us, with of a total debt of $65k. We have defaulted on all credit cards. I may have access to a lump sum of money so I was wondering if I could offer a one off lump sum payment to finalise and clear the debt with each bank. If so, what is a fair and reasonable offer?

we must talk about this. i'll help you with it. I know how to do it. How to contact????

got a PO box or address?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Advice to OP - Never provide your personal details to other members.

Members who are lawyers will have appropriate contact details in their signatures or will refer you to LawTap.