WA Settlement of Credit card debt

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Bee83, 15 December 2018.

1. Bee83

Bee83 Member

My husband and I have 5 credit cards between us, with of a total debt of $65k. We have defaulted on all credit cards. I may have access to a lump sum of money so I was wondering if I could offer a one off lump sum payment to finalise and clear the debt with each bank. If so, what is a fair and reasonable offer?

2. Rob Legat - SBPL

LawTap Verified

That’s a question better asked of a financial counsellor. And I would suggest you need to figure out what portions of the debt are principal, interest and fees. You’re less likely/unlikely to get a discount on principal, the rest is up in the air.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kevin586

kevin586 Well-Known Member

we must talk about this. i'll help you with it. I know how to do it. How to contact????

got a PO box or address?

4. Scruff

Scruff Well-Known Member

Advice to OP - Never provide your personal details to other members.

Members who are lawyers will have appropriate contact details in their signatures or will refer you to LawTap.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...