QLD Paying Off Credit Corp Debt - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
That doesn't mean it isn't being fixed up in the background, and often means the debtor is making payments to an account number when they have been informed not to.

Either way it doesn't mean the debt isn't payable.

Reactions: DMLegal

DMLegal

28 May 2018
How we can fight them? I'm struggling with them as well

I also don't think it is wise to consider a 'fight' since they have significant resources at their disposal, while most people dealing with them are rather impecunious. While I realise their tactics may be predatory it isn't a cage I would rattle too quickly since they have a significant amount of discretion on minimum upfront payments etc. I recall reading somewhere the best approach is to either see a financial counsellor to create a budget (or make one yourself). Work-out your minimum capacity for the repayments and don't commit to more than that. Also, be sure to have evidence to support any purported commitments, i.e. if you say you pay $100/mth for health insurance, be sure you can demonstrate that if they ask. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Rob Legat - SBPL