NSW Separation with Partner and Property Settlement - What is She Entitled To?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jame83

6 December 2015
We have lived together for 2 years and have a 1 1/2 year old together. I own the house we live in and she has never once helped with repayments/bills/anything financial. She has stayed at home and raised our daughter, yes, but even after we decided she needed to work to help contribute to the house payments, she made no effort to find and obtain work. I have supplied her with a car, it's in my name.

We have officially ended things because she enjoys fighting with me, everyday, and I've had enough. I don't enjoy going home. She hits me and abuses me all the time. She now wants me to move out and her live in my house rent free.

What do I do? What is she entitled to in property settlement?

I actually feel like she never loved me, and just enjoyed a free ride of staying at home and not working every day. She is even distancing herself form our daughter and partying every weekend now.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Hi,

You will need to attend mediation at a family relationship centre or the like and show a genuine attempt at coming to an agreement with you ex. If you are unable to come to an agreement you will be given a certificate - which you can use to apply to the family court.
It sounds like you will need a property settlement - which would be best done by a family lawyer. Go to https://lawanswers.wufoo.com/forms/get-connected-with-the-right-lawyer-for-you to be connected.