Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Separation with Partner and Property Settlement - What is She Entitled To?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by jame83, 6 December 2015.

  1. jame83

    jame83 Member

    6 December 2015
    Likes Received:
    We have lived together for 2 years and have a 1 1/2 year old together. I own the house we live in and she has never once helped with repayments/bills/anything financial. She has stayed at home and raised our daughter, yes, but even after we decided she needed to work to help contribute to the house payments, she made no effort to find and obtain work. I have supplied her with a car, it's in my name.

    We have officially ended things because she enjoys fighting with me, everyday, and I've had enough. I don't enjoy going home. She hits me and abuses me all the time. She now wants me to move out and her live in my house rent free.

    What do I do? What is she entitled to in property settlement?

    I actually feel like she never loved me, and just enjoyed a free ride of staying at home and not working every day. She is even distancing herself form our daughter and partying every weekend now.
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page