Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Separation Agreement - My Right on Disbursement of Assets?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Graham Johnson, 15 May 2015.

  1. Graham Johnson

    15 May 2015
    Likes Received:
    I want to know what is involved for a Separation Agreement and my rights as husband as to having main asset sold and disbursement of assets.
  2. Tracy B

    Tracy B Well-Known Member

    24 December 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Graham,

    Have you had a read of "Property Settlement after Separation"? This article explains the steps involved in property division after separation. Costs of selling main assets will be taken out of the asset proceeds (or shared pool of assets) and proceeds are disbursed according to what the parties agree to. You can agree on a percentage split, or individual asset allocation or a mixture of both. If you and your ex cannot agree on an agreement after dispute resolution, you can then apply to court for a property order. The article explains the process the court will then go through.

Share This Page