Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Restraining Order Final Hearing - Objecting to Assault Charge

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Bull, 22 May 2015.

  1. Bull

    Bull New Member

    15 May 2015
    Likes Received:
    I have a RVO (restraining order) on me which I objected, final hearing is in July.

    The lady is pregnant with my child (due on 13 of July). I've been informed she has given for other children away; she has a bipolar which I didn't know, she wasn't taking medication for it.

    How this incident started, she came home after dropping her 18 month old at daycare, she said, "you don't love me get out." I said, "what are you on about?" and I went to walk past in a doorway. She started punching me in the head and I said, "you are going hurt yourself". Police were on her phone at the time and she advised the police that I committed assault against her. There was no heated argument prior for this, police arrived they spoke to both of us separately, then asked me to leave for three days, no charges to me. I only return to get my gear.

    I've made no threats to her. I was going to adopt the 18 month girl. We were going to get married this year.
  2. Sarah J

    Sarah J Well-Known Member

    16 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Bull,

    I'm sorry to hear about your situation and understand this must be extremely frustrating for you right now.

    As for the RVO, do you know exactly what type it is? Example: is it a Violence Restraining Order or Misconduct Restraining Order? Have you actually received a court order or is it an application informing you that your partner has filed for a restraining order hearing?

    If this is an order, and you are seeking to vary or dispute it, you can do so by making an application to the Magistrates' Court WA (Form 8). You can also speak with your local community legal centre (free service) about your options and how best to respond.

    Further, there are a few family support services you could contact who may give you more options and some ideas on how to reconcile or best deal with your partner:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page