Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Restraining Order and Assault - Out on Bail

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by marky, 10 June 2015.

1. marky

marky Member

Hi, I've been charged with 2x breach of ADVO (restraining order) and 1x common assault I've already done 1 month jail and am currently out on bail. I appear in court tomorrow.

Does anyone have any info for me please?

2. Do I need a Lawyer

Do I need a Lawyer Well-Known Member

Which court are you going to? The charges are serious, and generally if a breach avo involves an asssult then the starting point if found guilty is gaol. You need to get legal advice. I suggest you see the legal aid lawyer before going before the magistrate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. marky

marky Member

I'm going to Gosford court today I have legal aid but haven't been able to see them to help fight my case is it possible to get it adjourned today?

4. Do I need a Lawyer

Do I need a Lawyer Well-Known Member

You should see them at the court house before you do anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

I agree - sit down with the Legal Aid lawyer and arrange a decent length conversation,
    and ask him to seek an adjournment so that (s)he can receive proper instructions from you.
    With bail continued, of course.