VIC Relocation of Child with Aspergers from VIC to WA

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

trevor01

12 February 2015
I have care of my child and see him every week, 35% care. My ex-wife has relocated to WA all of his family live in the local area.

The reason she has moved is her husband has a new job in WA for past 6 months. I have had full- time care in VIC with the Family Law Court orders prevailing when she is in VIC.

He is an Aspergers child. What are the chances of being allowed to relocate with the child (custody of children)?

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Trevor01,

Are you asking what are your chances of relocating with your ex-wife and child? Or what are the chances of the court allowing your ex-wife and child to relocate? Are you wishing to dispute the relocation?

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
If you are objecting to the relocation, you can apply to court for a recovery or prevention order. The court will consider: what is in the best interests of your child? (e.g. parental care, income and finances, health care, close to family and friends, networks, school)

Take a look at: