VIC Relocating with 7-Year-Old Daughter - Recovery Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cleo85

23 February 2018
So much of this sounds like speculation. Did you see him deal drugs from his car? Or did you daughter tell you that?

FYI, 7-year-olds don't make credible witnesses in Court.

Have you contacted DOCS? Police? Done anything other just simply contravene the orders?
I’m basing my decision on what my daughter has seen but does not understand and receiving concerning phone calls and text msgs regarding the fathers drug related activities. So as I’m her mother I won’t risk having our daughter put into a potentially dangerous situation as I’m sure any other decent parent would agree. Or do you think it would be more appropriate for something bad to happen first then we say oh now we have evidence shame the child had to suffer though. Don’t thinks so!

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Again, all speculation, no evidence. If police were contacted, why are there no possession or trafficking charges against dad? Do you think all parents should take the word of a seven-year-old as gospel?

Anyway, you want to relocate. You have to attempt mediation with dad first. If that fails, then you have to file an initiating application to vary parenting orders with the FCCA.

Cleo85

23 February 2018
Again, all speculation, no evidence. If police were contacted, why are there no possession or trafficking charges against dad? Do you think all parents should take the word of a seven-year-old as gospel?

Anyway, you want to relocate. You have to attempt mediation with dad first. If that fails, then you have to file an initiating application to vary parenting orders with the FCCA.
I would love to post what evidence I do have but I assume not appropriate on here. As I stated I have concerns from others not just my daughter was the icing on the cake for her to tell me some strange men gave dad heaps of money in a big role. I’m not going to sit around and wait for him to be caught in action he already has a past history of this and yes I’m speculating he obviously has gone back to his old ways. I’ll take the appropriate steps to get where I need just only hope the f****d up system doesn’t fail me like many others and my daughter doesn’t pay the price like many other children have. I’m not about Mum vs dad I’m for protecting children and giving them the best possible care. Not all children are in this kind of position but a lot are if Mum is unsafe I hope dads take necessary action and mums if situation is reversed and in my case I’m the parent who 100% provides in every way for our daughter and not because I control the situation it’s because he chooses not to. And YES I will most definitely listen to my seven year old if she is worried for her own safety like any other NORMAL parent would and do my best to eliminate any possible danger before it’s to late.

sammy01

27 September 2015
OK so you've stopped access. No worries, all good so far. So wait 3 months - IF he has not given you any reason to think that he has made any attempt to resume access - then I reckon your path is clear to relocate, sure he could still seek relocation, but he will have some tough questions to answer... Like Why it took him so long to seek resumption of access.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
If one of my Kids went to Mum for their 2 nights and ended up sleeping in a car with two dogs as Mum had no house i would stop the visits in 0.01 seconds, court orders or no court orders but you need to back it up with an application to vary the orders

Reactions: Cleo85