QLD Quick Mediation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shimmyshake

18 March 2016
Does anyone have advice on how to get a quick mediation with a reasonably priced location around the Brisbane/Sunshine coast area? I suspect it'll fail and be about getting the certificate but spending thousands on private mediators isn't practical. It needs to be done within 2 months. I've tried Relationships Australia and it could be up to 6 months.

Rosscoe

21 October 2020
What is the requirement for such urgency? My experience is that the system is severely constrained and that if you need to get a mediation time-frame like that you are saying you need, that will mean booking privately with a mediator and spending a bit of money

Bobby Whitlow

23 March 2017
Does anyone have advice on how to get a quick mediation with a reasonably priced location around the Brisbane/Sunshine coast area?
I suspect it'll fail
and be about getting the certificate but spending thousands on private mediators isn't practical.
It needs to be done within 2 months.
I've tried Relationships Australia and it could be up to 6 months.

Ok so you want mediation, quickly which you think will fail, and that is cheap.
Why? You understand that after you get the certificate you can commence proceedings, but it will be years before you can any result if any from the court.
I'm at year 4.5 now, first trial is next year.
Currently feels as though my daughter will most likely be an adult before any of this is resolved.

shallice

23 April 2017
Try Aid Resolutions, mediation can be completed within a couple of weeks depending on Mum and Dad's availability