QLD Mediation Certificate Expiry - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Samantha.. my kids spend more than half of school holidays with mum so i Can't do Bali during school holidays. They also spend 3 weeks throughout the year with mum and miss school. Next week is one of them. Not happy with it. But that is what consent order say...Small price to pay for the long term...

So 3 weeks long service leave. 2 weeks with kids in Bali. One week with my partner...

If the worst thing I do as a parent is take kids out of school for a few weeks every few years I think I'm ok....

Short answer to your question... Why is my life so complicated? ex wife...

simple.

But since I'm sitting by the pool. Can I tell you the highlight so far? 9 yr old sitting at a warung ( road side traditional Indo restaurant) watching 9 yr old teach the owner why the menu has so many grammatical mistakes on his English language menu and doing it in Indonesian language. 9 yr old teaching a 50 yr old...and doing it with reverence and respect to the old man...
Yup, if the worst thing I do for my kids is take them outa school every once in a while to experience the world I'll happily go to jail for that crime.

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
It’s not a crime at all Sammy. Was just being nosy seeing as it’s common knowledge you’re a teacher.

My kids did Indo at school as well. My eldest did it at VCE although she’d had enough at that point. She still speaks well if she comes across her old teachers.

And you’re talking to a parent that homeschooled for part of primary school so nothing but respect from me.

Enjoy your holiday!

Clair Unknown

22 October 2017
thanks soo much for your rather entertaining reply your Bali comments gave me a good laugh!!!

im more then happy for him to come here and see his child or children should he wish to see them all. i explained that clearly to him twice now that im happy to work on a plan for him to come here and see the kids. but hes sulks about the inconvenience it is to his new family and the expense. i dont have much to offer he pays very little in child support but i said i could help his travel expenses with no more then $200.00 but he seems to think i should be liable for his whole family accommodation since i wont allow the child to travel.

Skype ive never told my kid what to say i give him tips like showing a new toy he got or fav book or stories from daycare ect so i feel like i guide him, i have done as you have suggested the child just sits in silence or tears. ive even sucked it up and tried to have civil chats with the ex to show my child but the father just ignores me or says whatever im not hear to talk to you. i can honestly say ive whole heatedly done everything i can to make encourage my child talk to the dad and have a relationship ive made excused for his poor behaviour towards our child. often if the skype doesnt go the way the father wants he yells at the child about not talking to him how much of a joke it is and hes sick and tired of wasting time with a kid that wont talk to him and then he just hangs up. i will always explain to the child that daddy is just very sad he doesnt get talk to him much and hear about the childs day and maybe daddy had a bad day at work he still loves the child. but it seriouly has got to the point where im over it all. i try and try and he does as he pleases and doesnt care about how any of it impacts the child. lucky for me the twins dont really understand much of much but im not looking forward to when they click on that yes thats their dad and he wont talk to them. (sorry for the rant)

but all in all you had some great advise there and i will give it one more red hot go. and i didnt know about the recording device thats great. i assume i have to let him know that all skypes and calls will be recorded?

i hope Bali is treating you well, im a tad jealous!!! and thanks for taking time away from your holiday its super lovely of you :) :)

Clancy

6 April 2016
Skype is nowhere near enough for young children, they need real physical contact. My daughter only sees me once a week, sometimes not even that much at the whim of my ex. When i picked her up at preschool a few times she shouted out "MY DADDY" to make it known to all the world that i was her daddy, her one and only dad in all the world.

It made me think.... There are thousands/millions of mums and dads in all the world, but it is amazing that each individual parent is unique and special to each individual child. We all get one dad and one Mum in life (ideally) and we need to do all we can to see our children have their one special mum and dad in their life.

I realized my daughter must see every day other children being collected by dads, but her dad is not there..... hence such joy occurring on the rare times i was there!

So what to do? Well, if you have an unreliable ex, probably the best thing will be to get consent orders signed or failing that, going to court and having a judge impose them. Unreliable people don't like to admit to being unreliable in court, so they will agree to certain arrangements they would never agree otherwise, and they will have allot more pressure to stick to those arrangements with court orders on their heads.

Reactions: SamanthaJay