TAS Protect sold after divorce.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MsPhiilips

26 November 2020
Hello,
My question is what time after a divorce are you allowed to question sales of a car and a boat at double the price that was given to us at time of divorce, with no extra value done to the property involved?

Thank you.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Also ... How long have you been divorced if you have?
Have you done a property settlement?
What is the $ difference between value given & sold price?

MsPhiilips

26 November 2020
Been officially divorce 2017
Car in property settlement he valued at $10 000 and sold it this year for $19 000
The boat was valued at proterty settlement at
$10 000 and sold it with no extra work done to it or added anything to it .
He sold it for $46 000

Atticus

6 February 2019
My question is what time after a divorce are you allowed to question sales of a car and a boat.....

Car in property settlement he valued at $10 000 and sold it this year for $19 000
The boat was valued at proterty settlement at
$10 000 and sold it with no extra work done to it or added anything to it .
He sold it for $46 000

No specific time limit, BUT if your property settlement is finalised & formal (as in consent orders or a BFA) Then to have any chance of success by bringing it back to court, you the applicant will need to have some pretty strong evidence of deliberate fraud or at least deliberate suppression of evidence at the time...

Do you have a formal final property settlement?
How were the items valued at the time? Just a figure submitted or were they properly valued?
Why did you not question the value at the time?

MsPhiilips

26 November 2020
I question the values my lawyer said if I wanted a independent value on these items I had to pay and they would be the same people as Hobart really don't have many options for the boats and the car was the lowest red book value .
Once again I question my lawyer saying it was very cheap. Because he showed evidence of a for sale of the car at that price at the time of the settlement. They accepted it.

Atticus

6 February 2019
1) Have you confirmed 100% that is what they have been sold for or just going by what someone has said they have sold for?

2) As the figures were accepted at the time of settlement & there is some evidence (red book & sales figures) to back up the value at the time, then it's going to be very difficult to prove fraud, & that's pretty much the only way you can have the orders set aside.... Legal fees would likley eat up any gain even if you were successful.

MsPhiilips

26 November 2020
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I now for a fact that he sold the property at those prices, he advertised them at those prices and I spoke to the people he sold them too.
Thank you again for your time.