QLD Property Law - Goods Left on Property for 3 Months?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
27 February 2016
Just wanting some info with regards to what to do about goods left on my property for 3+ months.

I know we don't own them, but we have tried to contact the owner as I had also lent her car for 9 months. No contact during the 3 months term. The owner has now demanded retrieval of her possessions and threatening Police intervention.

I have locked the front gates due to a past break-in but can get access to a van and a car as only they are rural gates, but not removal. I have requested personal contact, but I am only getting text messages about the possessions from a phone number I do not know. Apparently, she wants to pick up possessions when no one will be home. I am not even 100% sure it is even the owner.

What can I do under Property Law?

S

Sophea

Sorry can you clarify what the situation is please. Are you wanting to know if you can dispose of the property? Does the person want to collect their goods? If so what is the impediment to collection? And what is the relevance of them having been there for 3 months?