NSW Proceeds of Crime - Cash NOT Found

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JK Smith

30 September 2019
Some 6 years ago I was convicted of drug supply charges which included proceeds of crime charges. A number of items were seized during the police raid, however a sum of cash was not located during this process.

I have been using this money for a few purchases, however I am worried that it can backfire and items be seized for unexplained wealth. These purchases are not extravagant by any means, however with my background it's better to be safe than sorry and I would rather like to avoid the court process again.

Is there any information regarding using cash for example, that was admittedly from proceeds if crime, that was not found or siezed and that i have already been charged with and served time for?

Can you use it from a previous conviction of proceeds of crime and use this as a means to justify my unexplained wealth if that should happen? If I do use that as my defence, can i be charged again?

sammy01

27 September 2015
this forum isn't a place where people come to teach others how to get away with criminal activity. I do hope nobody give you any advice

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Agreed. This isn't the place to ask that type of question.