VIC Procedure for Evicting a Licensee

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bogsta

15 June 2019
Why do you say that the real estate haven't followed protocol? I believe that they have. I advertised and got this client in. I have permission to have a housemate from the real estate. Really this is all my problem.
What I need to establish is that the client is a licensee, with few to none legal rights which I believe that they are, in that case I will literally turf their stuff out and change the locks, if it is established that they are a sub-tenant, then I need to use VCAT to get rid of them. Alternatively, I can move out, as suggested and the realestate will simply take possession through VCAT, although it marks my name

Alert

7 June 2019
You shouldn’t have to move out and for the real estate to even imply that is odd. The real estate won’t have this person evicted, do you really believe they will follow through with that when they receive money

Alert

7 June 2019
Why do you say that the real estate haven't followed protocol? I believe that they have. I advertised and got this client in. I have permission to have a housemate from the real estate. Really this is all my problem.
What I need to establish is that the client is a licensee, with few to none legal rights which I believe that they are, in that case I will literally turf their stuff out and change the locks, if it is established that they are a sub-tenant, then I need to use VCAT to get rid of them. Alternatively, I can move out, as suggested and the realestate will simply take possession through VCAT, although it marks my name
I understand what you are saying. The protocol is, you have signed the agg
Alert, can I ask, are you a lawyer, or interested party, or?
Put it this way, I don’t trust any estate agent whatsoever, shifty business all of them. I’ve had my dealings with estate agents, I’m dealing with an agent, I have taken all my evidence to consumer affairs, and they are not there for the tenants etc, it’s all about the money. This is how I see it right, you are on the agreement form with your signature and head tenant. It is not your issue to get the other person out, it is the real estate who need to enforce this, as the person you want out is not listening to you. The real estate have more power than you, and they suggested you move out, why? That is absurd for them to suggest this when all they need to do is get the other person out now or when you leave as they did say

Alert

7 June 2019
And by the way, this is easy for the real estate to type up an official notice. You say this is up to you, ring the tribunal