WA Tenancy Eviction (Tenant)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tenant

1 March 2023
Hi I was wondering if you could help me with a tenancy matter. I'm a tenant in WA who rents through a real estate agent. A few weeks back I got behind with rent, and was unable to get up to date by the end of the 7 day notice (14 day notice has not been used). So now there is a court date to request eviction.

I plan to pay rent arrears and the court fee before the court date. My real estate agent has stated if I do so the court hearing will be cancelled and she's happy for me to see out my lease provided I pay on time.

Do you advise that I should ring the court once I have paid to make sure the hearing is cancelled? Furthermore, in the future if I do get behind again, does the rental arrears process start again (7 day notice then minimum 21 days to court hearing), or is it immediate court ordered eviction? Or something in between? I wish to stay on but worried if I get even one day behind in the future it's immediate eviction with bailiff. Thanks for your help.