VIC Procedure for Evicting a Licensee

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alert

7 June 2019
Thanks Alert, I personally don't think that the owner would care at all. They are just interested in getting their rent money, as long as that happens, they wouldn't be concerned.
If you feel this way don’t stress, talk to Real Estate explain they have signed an agreement with you, so now it’s on them. If they do not help with anything as they did agree, speak with tribunal. Cheers

Alert

7 June 2019
Tenants have many rights, and you have the agreement signed. So what can they say?

Bogsta

15 June 2019
The realestate, have been amazing and tried to help. I am on a month to month ongoing agreement, rather than a fixed tenancy term agreement as I have been there for 4 years. I got the realestate to send a Notice to Vacate to me, giving me 30 days. The client just ignored it, I believe that the client has played this game before. The client is cunning and will call every bluff. The realestate advised me to just move out and they would instigate an eviction order however as I am the tenant it would have to be against me and would go on my otherwise perfect record which I am not keen on. Essentially I believe that this is up to me.

Alert

7 June 2019
They suggested you move out? Mmmmm
So this was the notice to vacate, ‘the SMS’?

Bogsta

15 June 2019
No no, can I ask "Alert" are you in Victoria? Any way, the realestate sent me a proper notice to move out, the SMS you have read is the message I sent to the client, I sent another message by text to the client saying "Thankyou, I have now received the payment. CLIENT I don't think you are working for me at the house. I want you to make arrangements to move out, no hard feelings, it just isn't working. I think it will take you a month to find somewhere else to live, please ensure you leave by the 14th June"

Alert

7 June 2019
So the real estate sent you via SMS for you to vacate. That is how I read your post. The
The realestate, have been amazing and tried to help. I am on a month to month ongoing agreement, rather than a fixed tenancy term agreement as I have been there for 4 years. I got the realestate to send a Notice to Vacate to me, giving me 30 days. The client just ignored it, I believe that the client has played this game before. The client is cunning and will call every bluff. The realestate advised me to just move out and they would instigate an eviction order however as I am the tenant it would have to be against me and would go on my otherwise perfect record which I am not keen on. Essentially I believe that this is up to me.
So the SMS you received is directly to you and there is no persons name mentioned of who the Notice to Vacate is for. Then they mention you should move out, nah.

Bogsta

15 June 2019
Alert, my apologies, I do not believe you are understanding the situation. The realestate sent myself, the right and proper tenant, a Notice to Vacate, in the correct legal manner.

Alert

7 June 2019
No no, can I ask "Alert" are you in Victoria? Any way, the realestate sent me a proper notice to move out, the SMS you have read is the message I sent to the client, I sent another message by text to the client saying "Thankyou, I have now received the payment. CLIENT I don't think you are working for me at the house. I want you to make arrangements to move out, no hard feelings, it just isn't working. I think it will take you a month to find somewhere else to live, please ensure you leave by the 14th June"
Okay got it, I’m in VIC. The issue I see here is the real estate has not correctly followed through with this.

Alert

7 June 2019
But why then would they suggest for you to move out?

Alert

7 June 2019
I would again ask the real estate demand another eviction notice on this person. If then the person does not comply, you have enough to show the tribunal