Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Possible to Get Special Work Licence Under Traffic Law?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Chris278, 8 September 2016.

  1. Chris278

    Chris278 Member

    8 September 2016
    Likes Received:

    Just wanting to know if there is a way of getting a special work licence? I have lost my licence due to different speeding fines and offences but have never been ordered to go to court.

    I had a good behaviour licence but was pulled over 10km over the limit which led to automatic suspension for 6 months.I own a crane company and need to drive my machines. Is there a way I can get a special hardship work license just for work under Traffic Law?

  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest


    In NSW, you can apply to elect to do a 12-month good behaviour period instead of having your Licence suspended if:
    • the suspension period has not already started, and
    • you hold an unrestricted NSW Driver Licence.
    Under this scheme, you are placed on good behaviour for If you accrue 2 or more demerit points during that 12 month period you are automatically disqualified for double the original disqualification period.

    Apply for a good behaviour period | Service NSW

Share This Page