NSW Please help.. withholding pay.

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Aimee_Claire, 7 December 2019.

1. Aimee_Claire

Aimee_Claire Member

Hi,

First of all, thank you to the kind lawyers who help in this page.

I was recently terminated for sticking up for my rights and justice in a racist and bullying work place.

The reasons she gave me were that it was a ‘cultural fit’. When I questioned her ethics on a situation, she screamed shouted and swore down the phone and told me, “well I’m not changing, if you don’t f****g like it get another job”

We both know this is why she got rid of me but I have no proof and although I went past my 6 months probation, and hit financial targets and was paid bonuses, she can use my awful admin logging skills against me as performance.

I refused to sign the ‘obligation’ letter on the termination day (restraint clause) and now she will not pay me my last 2 weeks employment and 2 weeks annual leave.

Is this legal?

I have a letter from a previous employee which is a formal complaint outlining specific dates and events of the awful discrimination and bullying that took place.

I don’t have the resources or the proof to fight her for unfair dismissal but I would like my pay and somehow help future employees know what a toxic environment it is.

There’s only 6 People in the NSW office and 6 have left in 7 months.

Please help as I don’t know my rights.

Sorry this is a lot to unpack I hope it makes sense!

Thanks

2. Rod

Rod Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

No.

And you have 21 days from date of dismissal to lodge an unfair dismissal claim.

Alternatively you can lodge a small claim in the Federal Circuit Court anytime in the next 6 years.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...