NSW Personal Injury - Can I Sue for Mental Stress and Depression?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Shall I do it at my local NSW police station or shall I do it in VIC, where that guy lives

Place where offence took place ie NSW. Chances are you need a lawyer to undertake civil action. You will need to prove your case.

Not sure about NSW statute of limitations, think it is 3 years for personal injuries. 6 years for other damages.

blacknite

25 February 2016
Place where offence took place ie NSW. Chances are you need a lawyer to undertake civil action. You will need to prove your case.

Not sure about NSW statute of limitations, think it is 3 years for personal injuries. 6 years for other damages.
Thanks, Rod. Phone spying issue happened when I was back in Victoria. It's almost 2 years ago and as of proof, I don't have anything concrete but the company that supplies that spy software did give me an email address which belongs to the person I always suspected and it was a paid account.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Vic has similar times for these kinds of damages.

I'd think you only have part evidence atm. However court discovery may allow you to get the missing evidence you need (ie who pays the account).

Reactions: blacknite

blacknite

25 February 2016
Vic has similar times for these kinds of damages.

I'd think you only have part evidence atm. However court discovery may allow you to get the missing evidence you need (ie who pays the account).

So I am planning to get AVO as well against this guy.

Do you think I should get a lawyer to AVO and this complaint or should I just go to a VIC police station and lodge both issues ?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
There is a difference between criminal charges laid by police, and civil claims for damages that you initiate at court yourself. Might be time to see a lawyer.