VIC Parenting orders say half of school holidays - mother saying that doesn't apply in CV circumstances

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hey Tim. Was your last post before or after the Sunday night Sco mo rant?
Dunno.
He might have been ranting while I was typing.

Luckily, whimsy and legislative change are not the same thing.

sammy01

27 September 2015

Looks like in NSW parenting arrangements continue in the same fashion as before. I'm more than a little bit pi*$ed off about it... Trust me I understand. Most folk here are the ones being denied access to their kid. I can just see what my ex will do once she has the kids and it could take until next year to get a recovery order IF she was to play silly games.

gunnerzzzz

8 March 2020

Looks like in NSW parenting arrangements continue in the same fashion as before. I'm more than a little bit pi*$ed off about it... Trust me I understand. Most folk here are the ones being denied access to their kid. I can just see what my ex will do once she has the kids and it could take until next year to get a recovery order IF she was to play silly games.

Don't think it would be that long in the event it happens. Just got to hope it doesn't come to that still.

Courts are still operating via phone or Microsoft teams and trials have been vacated, guess that frees up space for hearings on issues.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Looks like in NSW parenting arrangements continue in the same fashion as before.
NZ went a little more strict than this in as much as while they allowed visitation to comply with FC orders, it stipulated that the residences must be within the same town/city....

I expect that if NSW experiences localized lock-downs, then that emergency order would in itself become a reasonable excuse to NOT comply with a FC direction, at least until such time as that localized lock-down was lifted....

TBH, if it was me, & the other parent had demonstrable form in being an unreasonable twit when it comes to self interpreting & a willingness to cause upset, I would be doing as you suggested... Keeping them home & offering make up time....