SA Ownership of Vehicle After Separation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Stacey Murphy

30 August 2014
Hi I split with my partner of 7 years 12 months ago wen we split we agreed he would take the money and I would keep assets roughly around the same value 12 months down the track he wants to claim ownership of a vechile that is not even currently running nor was itat the time of separation. He has become spitefull and claiming I obtained the vechile fraudantly it is registed in my name I'd like to know why the police won't let me obtain it in the

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Stacey,

Why has the police become involved? Was the vehicle purchased by you, or jointly?

Why does your ex-partner claim that you obtained the vehicle fraudulently?

Did you even record the agreed division of assets down in writing?

Stacey Murphy

30 August 2014
Hi I split with my partner of 7 years 12 months ago wen we split we agreed he would take the money and I would keep assets roughly around the same value 12 months down the track he wants to claim ownership of a vechile that is not even currently running nor was itat the time of separation. He has become spitefull and claiming I obtained the vechile fraudantly it is registed in my name I'd like to know why the police won't let me obtain it in the
Hi
Hi Stacey,
Hi Sarah thks for your reply
Why has the police become involved? Was the vehicle purchased by you, or jointly? The vehicle was purchased by him however it only ran for a week unable to fix the vehicle he purchased another and have the vehicle to me to fix or sell the car was stored at my parents house which they now refuse to hand over as the claim my ex partner has given them the car so I had to have the police help attempt to retrieve it and have made a complaint of theft

Why does your ex-partner claim that you obtained the vehicle fraudulently? Have no idea haven't relieved and legal documentation 2 support this either

Did you even record the agreed division of assets down in writing?
No