WA Owed Overtime Wages from Previous Employer

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jase27

25 March 2015
Hi. I am trying to get wages in overtime owed to me by my previous boss. I have spoken to Fair work Australia who have advised me to ask my boss for it but presume they are just going to say no any way. What can I do afterwards to get what they owe me?
They also have given me payslips with only total worked hours for each week but refuse to give me copies of the work sheets that I gave them for my hours each week. Are they allowed to do so and what can I do with only a rough estimate of what I am owed?

Michael T

9 April 2014
Hi @jase27
How did you go with requesting your overtime pay from your previous employer?
Did you do so in writing and/or verbally?

jase27

25 March 2015
Hi Michael.
Thank you for replying. I tried doing it verbally but they would not let me in the office or answer their phones. So i left them a letter, sent 2 texts one to the manager and the other to the owner and an email to the administration office. But still have no reply and it has been 4 days. I have been to a law firm but it cost too much for me to be able to do anything about it at the moment as I have got no work. Not really sure what i can do at the moment to pursue it further.

Michael T

9 April 2014