Ordered calls.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

h-ivee

18 August 2023
It is court ordered that my ex partner FaceTime our daughter once a fortnight on a Monday, between 5 and 5:30 - given that his supervised time is the Monday, the other week.

However, he has never FaceTimed her since it was ordered in November 2022. This was highly suggested given that he’s seen her about 12 times in 4 years, at his own doing, so we wanted FaceTimes so our daughter could build a relationship with him and remember his face easily.

He started the court proceedings, unfortunately he has never done what the court has ordered - which is fine on my behalf, I just allowed normal phone calls, but she’s still unsure to who he really is.

Its now been over two months and he’s not made any effort to call her, and has had his supervised visit once. Is there anything I can do?

He’s the one who wants the proceedings to happen, he wants the time with our child - but he’s also the one that is not allowing it to happen or doing anything the court ordered him to do.

I feel sorry for our daughter - i want the relationship to progress, but he just won’t budge, so i’d rather further orders in place or something rather. Thanks.