VIC Open Colleges - Have I Been Scammed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Hang on a second. A 100% online course means the delivery, not the assessment. That must be done by a human being who is suitably qualified (i.e. has the required training and assessment qualificiation, and the same, equivalent or higher qualification in the course you are undertaking). The regulator, ASQA, places a lot of requirements on training organisations to comply and things have to be complete before moving on.

If they’ve really failed to deliver on their promises, take the matter further with a complaint to ASQA. However, take a deep breath first and look at it with a clear mind to see if they failed to deliver or whether your expectation was unrealistic.

CarRit

20 August 2019
Hang on a second. A 100% online course means the delivery, not the assessment. That must be done by a human being who is suitably qualified (i.e. has the required training and assessment qualificiation, and the same, equivalent or higher qualification in the course you are undertaking). The regulator, ASQA, places a lot of requirements on training organisations to comply and things have to be complete before moving on.

If they’ve really failed to deliver on their promises, take the matter further with a complaint to ASQA. However, take a deep breath first and look at it with a clear mind to see if they failed to deliver or whether your expectation was unrealistic.

Well 100% online means 100% online, I am studying online in America, I can take the exams and be graded right away, once I pass the exam, I move immediately to the next section. Now the curses they are selling are as they say is 100% online and I have their emails telling me the same but I cannot continue until a teacher review my assessments it took over 3 weeks for a teacher to contact me for the first assessment. So this means I can not study whenever I want as I cannot move to the following section, I could only check every single day my email and see if they corrected my assessment or if they sent me an email, very frustrating, I then rather go to tafe and take the lessons face to face as it will be quicker that way. If I want to study online is because I could do it at 1 am or 10 am or the best time it suits me, I had to wait until they correct assessments and they don't do it within the time frame their policies and procedures stated. I will invest money and pay my degree overseas as is totally online.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I agree with Rob.

Your expectations are the issue, not the course provider refusing to provide a refund.

Any course that offers instant grading for a serious trade or professional qualification is useless.

See the delay as a sign of quality.