WA Open Colleges - Cancellation of Online Course?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hannah Mac

11 March 2016
Hi, so I started a vet nursing course online, through open colleges. It's been just over a month and I have realised that it isn't for me. I have been paying weekly instalments of $87, this was to be continued for 24 months.

In the policy, I did not read that I would have to pay the rest of the fee's, if I were to cancel after the 12-day cooling off period (who can decide in 12 days if they want to continue with the course or not?).

I'm not expecting a refund, I just expect them to cancel the instalments, as I won't be using the site anymore or have anything to do with them. They want the rest of the fee's which is just over $5000.

Reactions: Mafi

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia

Mafi

26 March 2018
I have just signed up with open colleges 2weeks ago. The day after I decided I wanted a course transfer within the 7 day cooling off period but still have not been seen or helped with anything! Now that it’s been 2 weeks I’m wanting too terminate my contract! They have taken out a $100 bond the day I signed up and one payment last week! Is there any way I can terminate my course without having to pay the whole thing??