Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

WA Open Colleges - Cancellation of Online Course?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Hannah Mac, 11 March 2016.

1. Hannah Mac

Hannah Mac Member

Hi, so I started a vet nursing course online, through open colleges. It's been just over a month and I have realised that it isn't for me. I have been paying weekly instalments of $87, this was to be continued for 24 months.

In the policy, I did not read that I would have to pay the rest of the fee's, if I were to cancel after the 12-day cooling off period (who can decide in 12 days if they want to continue with the course or not?).

I'm not expecting a refund, I just expect them to cancel the instalments, as I won't be using the site anymore or have anything to do with them. They want the rest of the fee's which is just over $5000.

2. CathL

CathL Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...