Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

ACT On Payment Plan with Debt Cutter - What Happens After?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Pauline Ballard, 26 February 2016.

1. Pauline Ballard

I am currently going through a company called Debt Cutter as I fell behind in my loan and credit card payments due to taking a year off work with various medical conditions. The documents have gone to AFSA for final approval and I am still waiting on hearing back.

My questions are: does this mean I cannot, or it would be difficult to, get a rental property or buy a property in the future or for the 7 years I am paying this company back?

my second question is: I am on a payment plan of $600 per fortnight based on the amount of money I owed various credit card companies. Once the payment plan is finished, will I be free of debt owing through the Debt Cutter company payment plan and unencumbered of all the credit card companies I owe the money to?

Thank you.

2. CathL

CathL Well-Known Member

Once the debt is paid, that should be the end of your liability.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...