Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW NSW Health - Carer Leave for Grandson

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by leanne, 14 May 2015.

1. leanne

leanne Member

I have a permanent part time job with NSW health as a nurse. My grandson has had major surgery and needs full care for a number of months work has told me they will use my holidays then I have to come back or resign.

Can they do this under employment law? There was nothing mentioned about fax leave they have just deducted my holidays.

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

This topic fits better under Employment Law, rather than Family Law. Someone there will be able to provide a more accurate answer, but I believe the NES provides up to ten days personal leave per year which carers can use to care for a sick family member. I'm unaware of any other provisions that provide for longer-term carer leave on a paid basis.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...