QLD Neighbour Building a Shed - Queries about Brisbane City Council Approval?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Camera

30 August 2014
Brisbane
Our neighbour has started work recently to build a huge shed (more than 3m long) (I don't know the height because they have digged the whole backyard and started to lay concrete) right next to the rear of his fence without any setback which is also next to our house.

I am sure that they have violated all the rules of Design and Siting Standard for Single Detached Housing no matter it is under or over 450 square metres.

Today their builder came and tried to cheat me to sign a document to acknowledge the building. His poor attitude has alerted me and I didn't sign anything eventually.

My questions:
1. Does that mean Brisbane City Council has approved their plan already and Brisbane City Council doesn't need to inform me?
2. Do they need me to agree before building it or is the approval from Brisbane City Council enough?
3. If say, Brisbane City Council doesn't know it and they start to build it not according to the rules, what should I do?
4. If Brisbane City Council does approve it already, do I have any right to revert the decision or stop the building?
5. Why did the builder needs my signature of acknowledgement?

Regards