QLD Challenge development based on scale and design compatibility?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

leczek

13 March 2019
Hi,

I'm in Brisbane (Brisbane City Council) and my neighbour is building a massive shed. It is 7-8m high, 15m wide and 10m long. It has 5 gates. I'm in a LDR Low density residential zone and this structure dominates the whole area. They are on battle axe block.I wouldn't mind if the shed was a single storey but it isn't.

As far as I know my neighbour didn't apply for DA. This checklist indicates that they possibly didn't have to Building a shed on a standard lot: self assessable checklist. That being said Have your say on development applications | Brisbane City Council lists scale and design compatibility as a valid reason to object.

Has anybody done that? If so, do you have any hints re how do it? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Tripe

22 May 2017
Check what the applicable side setbacks and building heights are, if it breaches these, then it will need to be advertised and subject to public feedback.

Council are moving to a system, that if a shed is compliant to the land zoning, then it is an allowable use and a start work notice is issued by the building surveyor