VIC My neighbour and his worker attacked me inside my shop.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Relical86

16 August 2023
Laverton north
I had had a disagreement with a neighbouring business, and whilst working the owner came and his worker walked into my shop armed with a taser and metal bar.

First they tasted me in the face, before striking my head, neck, spine, and knee with the metal bar
In the process I was left with severe concussion, a fractured transverse process of the lower l5 lumber “spine” as well as a prolapsed disk.
i also suffered an injury to my knee, in which the knee was restricted in movement and filled with blood.
And was then placed on crutches for 3 months, preventing me from working.

shortly After the attack I jumped in my car and seen the attackers in the carpark.
At which point I attempted to run them over “obviously not thinking clearly under concussion”
The guys jumped out of the way and thankfully I did not injure them.

Though as I reacted in this manner the police are refusing to press charges, saying that we are now equal.
And if I insist on pressing charges the say I will face a harsher penalty than the attackers.
is this legally correct, should I push the charges anyway and hope for a rational judge?
How can this be equal if I was put into hospital with severe injuries?

Also is it worth pursuing a civil suit against the attacker for damages and losses of earnings. “The attacker is of quite a wealthy background”