My friend is trying to report my sexual assault without consent, what can I do

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

throwaway1999

16 January 2021
I was sexually assaulted when I was 16 (now I am 21), I recently opened up for the first time about this to my girlfriend, and have no interest in going through any form of legal process about this. There are other factors involved, as well as other kinds of abuse such as violent and metal (in the form of blackmail) \
She is now constantly telling me that something needs to be done about it and that she is going to legally report this. Is there anything I can do if she does report this to stop it from going further, i would rather forget about the whole ordeal, as its is so far past, the chances of the man who did this being caught is next to nothing, and I want no part of what happened to me to be public or knowledge by anyone else.

I was dumb enough to make a lie about a resolution to the whole ordeal, in the attempts to make her think the whole situations has past, however she is just insisting on reporting it, What can I do.