SA Multiple Charges of Drugs and Assault - Will I be Extradited?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Canonlyhope

18 January 2017
Hi,

Hoping some body can help out with my question. I'm currently in SA. I have warrants in Vic for multiple assault and serious assault on police officers as well as resist arrest. I slipped court and came to SA. This was 2 years ago. The Vic charges are from 4 years ago.

I'm 23 years old, I have a wife and a son. I was recently raided and am facing charges of possession 1g Ice, 1/2g Heroin, 7-8 other small drug charges, cultivation of cannabis and possible dangerous article (5 sets of brass knuckles).

I gave a no comment at the interview as always. I am just a recreational drug user, have a few priors, served 10 months in juvenille detention at age 16, for are robbery. It may sound hard to believe but I have turned my life around. I know I'm going in; realistically what am I looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless.

Tony Danos

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
As the charges in Victoria are relatively serious I can see no reason that the Victorian police won't seek to extradite you. As you failed to appear then bail will be problematic unless you post a surety.