NSW Locked out of business by my partner

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vas77

13 August 2020
Hi
I have been going through separation and my ex put an application for ADVO on me. We have a family partnership business together and she took every document and the work PC and claimed I didn't work in the business. During exchange of letters she admitted that i worked in the business and was a joint owner with her. She took all the assets and locked me out from it. I have not been payed a cent from it and couldn't get centrelink initially from it and could also not get Jobkeeper payments after covid-19 because they said i was not active in the business. She has been receiving JobKeeper payments due to it been affected by covid-19 and refuses to get it valued and has refused to hand over the business financials and documents. I had taken photos of nearly every job we did.
My lawyer said i would probably most likely need to be dissolved from the partnership but after that letter the ex wife has closed down the business instagram and business website. Made me a ridiculous and in it for me to give her consent to rename the business, close all social media. She already did it before i got the offer which i have said no too already. If she is deliberately devaluing the business what will happen and what should i do?

Reactions: AngusH