Legal Document Before Having Child for Future Parenting Arrangements?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Playsafe

3 July 2014
Hi. I need to know what to write in a legal document before having a baby in our relationship. Me and my wife need to be clear and where we stand if we have family law dispute in the future. We are planning for having a baby by IVF process, if any one of us walks out we don't want to be a burden to each other in any financial situation, especially myself-because my wife has walked out on me twice in the past so if she walks out on me after having a baby I don't want to get in to any financial settlements (no child support or any means of financial settlement, she can live with what she has and I can live with what I have, pretty much we want to continue our life normal in our own ways). So we want to make a legal document and signed by both and keep it as a record to avoid future confusions and stress. Thank you.

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi Playsafe,
Interesting question. To clarify, you're looking for an agreement that would remove you from having any child support, etc. responsibilities if the relationship between you and your wife breaks down?

Playsafe

3 July 2014
Hi Playsafe,
Interesting question. To clarify, you're looking for an agreement that would remove you from having any child support, etc. responsibilities if the relationship between you and your wife breaks down?

Hi John, Thank you and you are right.i don't want to take any responsibilities.