QLD Is Website a Breach of Son's Privacy?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anthony James

21 March 2017
My son committed some offenses whilst a juvenile (under 17) and went to Juvenile Court (closed sessions). The judge gave my son probation and no conviction was recorded. Brisbane Queensland.

Just recently i was made aware of a website called "Crime Map" where you type in your address and click on a "pin" above your address and it shows not only the dates but all the various crimes committed.
Our address is on this map as well as the dates and offenses committed.
Surely this is some violation of privacy? If not why was his case or any other juveniles case for that matter held in a closed session?

As we live in a rental property we are now in fear that if the landlord sees this information it could jeopardize our living arrangement. Do we have a case to sue for invasion of privacy?

Reactions: Timnuts

Shawna Davis

21 March 2017
The QPS, it seems, are the ones who have uploaded this information illegally, seek legal advice ASAP as even site admin admits when you first go to their site they have had threats of civil recourse and are making their webpage private to stop being sued.

Go to the page and screenshot the pop up then find a solicitor who'll take the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Timnuts

Shawna Davis

21 March 2017
Unreal! I just put in my address & there are drug, robbery & fraud listed at my home previous to when I moved in!