VIC Intervention Order - Who Can Use the Bus Stop?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tia88

4 November 2015
If an intervention order is in place, and myself (victim) and my brother (respondent) and our children have the same bus stop, who has the right to use the bus stop? All children are too young to use the bus stop themselves.

Any help ?

sammy01

27 September 2015
So just checking... you have an DVO against your brother. You and your brother have kids and use the same bus stop? So what do the orders say? He isn't allowed to talk to you? He isn't allowed to approach you? I'm thinking there might be something about distance or not going somewhere he might reasonably assume you'd be?

So my ex tried to breach orders because I said hello to her...I bumped into her at Coles. I live in a small town...

So yep - I breached the orders... What did the police do? Nothing.

So let's assume your brother is at the bus stop and doesn't approach you, doesn't even look at you... Technically he has breached the avo and you could talk to the police and they might do something...but they might also say, "well the guy has to get his kids to school and it is a bit unreasonable to expect him to get in the car and drive to the next bus stop" so they might just let it go...or they might not.

If he comes to the bus stop and yells at you or whatever. Well that's a different story.