VIC How can I tell who is at fault in this car accident?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ifeta

29 April 2017
Hi there,

I was driving on bus lane towards east, straight. The road was marked with 3 lanes in one direction and the same with oposite direction.
All lanes were full and cars were stationed on "KEEP CLEAR" , exept bus line that I was on.
The "P" plate girl driver from oposite direction apierd, turning right, using "KEEP CLEAR" sign writen on the road (on the floor ). All 2 lines had to stop for her because they had cars in front of them. My line was empty there fore I didn't need to stop on "KEEP CLEAR".
Cars slightly colided, brushed/scrached mine, demagning bumper bar all along front side.
Who is at fault ?Taking in consideration Road Safety Road Rules 2009.

S.R. No. 94/2009

Exceptions to driving in special purpose lanes (bus line) etc.

(1) The driver of any vehicle may drive for up to the permitted distance, 100 metres, in a bus lane if it is necessary for the driver to drive in the lane to enter or leave the road.

(2) The driver of any vehicle may drive in a bus lane, if it is necessary for the driver to drive in the lane to avoid an obstruction;

(3) If the driver needs to stop to deal with a medical or other emergency.

PS. I was on bus line for the NO. (3) reason.
Awaiting yoor answer.

Thank you in advance.