VIC Injury in supermarket question similar to other posts but not quite...

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

adav6638

15 December 2023
I am a grocery team member in a supermarket and usually move around rollcages with stock on them. My manager is strict in that only a certain height of stock is allowed and can only be pushed, not pulled, to enable to see where you are going.
Today a middle aged Asian man (not that ethnicity is relevant) and a small child were in an aisle. The child was running and yelling and was behind me as I moved forward where the man was crouched down looking at stock and as I moved forward he definately purposely moved in the middle of the aisle so my cage can hit him then he yelled making a scene that I ran into him. I'm certain it was on purpose and glad it was right in camera/cctv view.
What actions can he take, negligence? Personal injury?
I hope he attempts to so I can get involved legally as I'm a law student and enjoy 'living through' cases.
Would the supermarket have any legal avenues, representation, etc or only through the union? Again, this is literally Australia's #1 supermarket so I'm interested in knowing what their legal supports are.

Thank you.