WA Incorrect Details on Partner Visa Application - How to Correct It?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

joe72

31 October 2015
Does anyone here know if you accidentally provided the wrong parents and sibling marriage dates on a partner visa application, is that a big problem? How can you correct it if it has already been lodged?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
The best way to fix these mistakes would be to make a statutory declaration with the right dates and have it witnessed by an authorised witness and send it through. You could also phone them to let them know you have made a mistake and ask how to rectify it.

joe72

31 October 2015
Yes I already filled out a 1023 form with incorrect information. That's Ok. Another mistake I, the sponsor, did was we applied for a partner visa online and the questions on the 47 sp application relationship details ,financial aspect details.

My wife can not write English so I wrote it for her but instead of saying "my husband and I", I kept stating my "wife and I", referring the question as if I been answering it. For example, "I have known my wife for 5 years," where I should had said "I have known my husband for 5 years." The wording is written from back to front of the application form. Have I stuffed this application up?

Any help be appreciated.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
The way to find out would be to call them and explain the situation