Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Custody of Children and Visa for Partner's Child - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Child custody question, 29 March 2016.

  1. Child custody question

    29 March 2016
    Likes Received:

    I am applying for a partner visa to Australia for my partner. My partner has a child (6 years old) from a previous marriage, and there is a court decision to remove the custody of children from the father (I think details are not important here), and make the mother as the sole custodian parent.

    Now the father has a different nationality from the mother's and the child is holding the mother’s nationality. He is living with her and all court decisions and rulings are in the mother’s country. The Australian immigration is asking to prove that the child is not holding his father’s nationality as well, as that country (might) object granting his visa to Australia

    Any help on how to respond? It is a weird and complex situation, and I don’t know what to do.

  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    Perhaps you could contact the country's consulate or embassy and ask for written confirmation that he is not a citizen of their country?

Share This Page