i need help with my court case

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

freoo13

9 June 2017
i am a chef and i cut my finger off with a machine that was meant to be put out of service and it was not working right and then the head chef told me to use it and then i cut 3 fingers off and they r not going to pay for med bills what do i do i need help i am in so much debt

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
This sounds like a classic workers comp case. I cant see what state you are in! Freoo13, you're not in Fremantle WA are you? Check this page out and select the relevant state down the bottom Workers' compensation

Finger amputation is a reportable incident to the relevant OHS regulator. So if your employer failed to inform the regulator they could be in a fair bit of trouble. Workers comp should cover you, but keep in mind that if you knew the machine was faulty and still used it you could be found to carry a portion of the culpability.

Please give us a bit more information, your location, size of the company you work for (number of employees) and any other relevant info.