Husband Fled - Separation Period for Divorce?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

John R

Well-Known Member
14 April 2014
Hi Laura,
The Family Law Courts Divorce section sets out that you can only apply for a divorce where:
  1. You and your spouse have lived separately and apart for at least one year; and
  2. There is no reasonable likelihood of resuming married life.
All the best.
  • Like
Reactions: HarrietJ